Environmental Statistics Section
The Environmental Statistics Section was originally formed as a Study Group in 1996 under the auspices of the General Applications Section, but now has full section status.
The aims and objectives of the Section are:
- Act as a national focus for statisticians involved in environmental work.
- To contribute to statistical thinking to understand current environmental issues.
- To foster interaction between the statistics and environmental science communities, with a view to identifying key statistical challenges and promoting the uptake of modern statistical methods throughout the environmental sciences.
- To organise meetings in London and elsewhere.
- To maintain the ENVSTAT mailing list.
Chair: Alison Johnston (Cornell University and Cambridge University)
Vice Chair: Peter Henrys (Centre For Ecology & Hydrology)
Secretary: Adam Butler (BIOSS)
Meetings Secretary: Michael Spence (University of Sheffield)
Lee Fawcett (University of Newcastle)
Phil Sansom (University of Exeter)
Malcolm Hall (Council representative)
View our events calendar: statslife.org.uk/environmental-statistics-section
News and meeting reports
View news about the section and reports from our meetings
Mailing list: ENVSTAT