Improving statistical knowledge
We provide resources to help the public as well as journalists and teachers find out more about statistics. Issues like money, life expectancy and understanding the society we live in and the world around us can all be informed by understanding statistics.
Our resources section on StatsLife offers a range of materials that will improve your statistical knowledge.
For the general public:
- Glossary – our guide to understanding technical statistical terms
- TV and radio – where you can find statistical inspired media
- Reading – our reading guide to finding our more about stats
- Online, free training courses in understanding statistics and science.
- Presentations – slideshows for seminars on improving statistical and scientific literacy
- Handouts and further reading – publications that can be handed out to attendees
- Exercises – practical tasks that will support initial lessons
- Resources that bring statistics to life in the classroom