We make it as easy as possible for our members to keep up-to-date, offering a range of publications on a variety of platforms, online and print. So we’re pretty confident that we have something for every member.
- All fellows receive a copy of Significance, our bi-monthly magazine which covers statistical topics and news in a thought-provoking and entertaining way. The iOS and Android apps also give free access to current issues of the magazine. The full back catalogue is available to members through the ‘My RSS’ members area on our website
- Our Journal of the Royal Statistical Society keeps members updated on leading methodologies, novel solutions and statistics applied to social issues. You’ll have electronic access (both online and through the Android/iOS apps) to one of the three series as part of your membership package (additional series can be purchased at the cost of £42 per year per series). The three series are:
- Applied Statistics (Series C) which publishes papers dealing with novel solutions to real life statistical problems. The subject matter covers the range of interdisciplinary fields, eg industry, agriculture, genetics, medicine and physical sciences
- Our virtual Journal Club is a popular channel for our international membership to discuss selected papers from the Journal of the Royal Statistical Society with the authors. Members are invited to dial in to a conference call, with the relevant papers and discussion slides available online
- All fellows receive the fortnightly member's bulletin offering an easy-to-read digest of statistical news and opinion, plus the latest jobs.