Environmental Statistics Section
The Environmental Statistics Section was originally formed as a study group in 1996 under the auspices of the General Applications Section, but now has full section status.
The aims and objectives of the Section are:
- Act as a national focus for statisticians involved in environmental work.
- To contribute to statistical thinking to understand current environmental issues.
- To foster interaction between the statistics and environmental science communities, with a view to identifying key statistical challenges and promoting the uptake of modern statistical methods throughout the environmental sciences.
- To organise meetings in London and elsewhere.
- To maintain the ENVSTAT mailing list.
Chair: Eleni Matechou
Vice Chair: Peter Henrys
Secretary: Adam Butler
Meetings Secretary: Ben Swallow
Phil Sansom (Discussion meetings representative)
Malcolm Hall (Council representative)
View our events calendar: statslife.org.uk/environmental-statistics-section
News and meeting reports
View news about the section and reports from our meetings
Annual Report 2018
Mailing list: ENVSTAT