Teachers play an essential role in developing and delivering statistical education. In recognition of this, the RSS offers free membership to all primary and secondary school teachers across the world.
Our e-Teacher membership offers a wide range of benefits, including:
- Having a voice – as an e-Teacher you will have the opportunity to participate in the development of statistical education policy
- Sharing Best Practice – participate in section and local group meetings
- Professional Development – we offer you discounts at selected events and meetings
Most importantly, by becoming an e-Teacher member, you can help us improve statistical literacy, support statistical education policy and practice, and encourage students to enter statistical careers.
Resources available to e-Teacher members include:
- Our fortnightly member's newsletter, offering an easy to read digest of statistical news and opinion.
- Free access to Significance magazine through the iOS and Android apps, and a discounted print subscription rate.
- A discounted subscription to Teaching Statistics, an international journal for teachers.
- And priority access to other resources, including the William Guy Lecture for Schools and careers promotion materials.
Are you eligible?
e-Teacher membership is open to all school teachers, including those in further and special education, trainee teachers and home school leaders. You are also eligible if tutoring students under 19 years of age is your primary occupation or if you are a member of teaching staff of ITE (Initial Teacher Education) Centres in the UK and Ireland. Your membership will remain open for as long as these criteria are met.
Why not also get your students involved? We offer free e-Student membership to full and part-time students studying for their A-Levels through to their PhD.